Wednesday 29 September 2010

LFW #2 - The Shows

I attended a variety of shows at LFW, including: Louise Gray, Basso & Brooke, Charlie Le Mindu and Louise Amstrup. Next season I hope to be able to attend a lot more shows.

Louise Gray:


Louise Gray's collection was playful and colourful.  Details included embroidery, mirrors, plastic, ribbons, streamers and bottle tops.  It reminded me of after a childrens party if you combined all the left over elements and gave it a fairground/circus edge it would create this collection.


Basso & Brooke:


This has to be my favourite collection that I saw at LFW.  The collection had a feel of 'Olde England' mixing prints of old script/font, maps and roses.  The prints were lovely as were the colours.  The key pieces for SS 11 seem to be skater skirts and shirts and 60's shift dresses. The collection very much echoed all designers that this season 70's is the era of choice!


Charlie Le Mindu:




This collection was certainly risque! But amazing non the less, so glad I got to watch it! Nude models, hairy catsuits, Fluro wigs and the Blow up Doll and Amber Rose (who was everywhere) front row!

Louise Amstrup:


I really loved this collection.  The colours, designs and materials all worked so well together to make a beautiful collection.

My review for this show was actually published on Planetnotion.com!

Read it here.

Bea x

No comments:

Post a Comment